Waldorf Center is conveniently located in Waldorf, MD., serving Southern Maryland. We are in close proximity to University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center and MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital. Our facility offers private and semi-private rooms that represent a homelike environment. Waldorf Center offers both Short Stay Rehabilitation and Long Term Care. Our in –house rehabilitation team consist of Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapist. Our staff is dedicated to the care we provide that is reflected in our 5 star quality of care rating.
- Short Stay care
- Long Term care
- Neurological care and rehabilitation
- Respite care
- Palliative care
- Rehabilitation therapy
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation – including joint replacement, injuries and amputation
- On-site Medical Director
- On-site Nurse Practitioner
- Attending Physicians
- Registered Nurses
- IV Therapy
- Audiology care
- Bariatric specialties
- Colostomy care
- Dementia care
- Dental care
- Personal care
- Physiatry services
- Podiatry care
- Psychiatric services
- Vision care
- Wound care
- Hospice care
- Pain management
- Case management
- Dietary and nutrition needs management
- Discharge planning
- Individual treatment plans
- Heparin therapy
- Medication management
- 24-hour emergency alert and response system
- Coordinated transportation
- Cultural, educational, religious and social activities
- Recreation activities
- Interpreter services
- Private and Semi-Private Rooms
- Spacious rooms
- Fully air conditioned
- Individual climate control
- Activity room
- Wellness programs
- Conveniently Located
- Suburban setting
- Beauty Salon / Barber Services
- Cable Television
- Comfortable common and lounge areas to gather with friends and family
- Dining Room
- In-room dining options
- Alarm system to aid in the security of residents with cognitive deficits
- Complimentary laundry facility on-site
- Computer with internet access
- Laundry facility on-site
- Mail and Newspaper Service
- Pets Permitted
- Pharmaceutical delivery service
- Phone service
- Wireless Internet
- Fireplace in living room
- Smoke free environment
Coming To Our Center
Now that you have made an informed decision about the care that is right for you, let’s discuss what to expect at our skilled nursing & rehabilitation center.
What will I do at a Nursing & Rehabilitation Facility?
- Participate in a therapy program
- Participate in your normal daily routine, such as dressing and grooming
- Use individual and group leisure activities to help you resume normal activities
- Eat meals with others in the dining room or café. You may also order Room Service
- Work with Staff to plan your transition home
How is skilled nursing & rehabilitation different from the hospital?
- You will want to wear your own regular and comfortable clothes.
- You can use your own personal care items – soap, shampoo, shaving supplies, facial care items, cosmetics, hair dryer, etc.
- If you’re most comfortable sleeping with your own bed pillow & blanket (comforter, throw) – bring them with you for a good night’s sleep.
- If keeping a schedule is important, you may want to bring a watch with you.
- You will be followed by your personal or Genesis Physician who will visit you within 2-days of your admission. Physicians make regular patient visits during a skilled nursing & rehab stay. You will see a physician less frequently than when you were acutely ill in the hospital.
- You may have visitors when you want them but keep in mind the needs of other patients, your rehab schedule & your need for rest to regain your optimal health as quickly as possible.
- Wireless internet service is available if you want to bring a laptop with you. You will want to take responsibility for keeping your computer secure.
- Use this time to enjoy your favorite relaxing leisure activities – consider bringing books, DVDs, iPod, personal CD player or cards with you, or the Center will have many choices as well.
- You may want your family or friends to launder your clothing. But of course, the Center can take care of this for you as well.
What should I bring?
You will probably be getting dressed and participating in therapies and regular daily activities, so you should bring:
- Clothing (several changes of exercise clothing is a popular choice)
- Comfortable shoes
- Bathrobe and slippers
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
- Grooming items such as shaving equipment, hair brushes, and make-up
- Glasses and/or hearing aids
- Personal assistive devices, such as a walker or wheelchair
Your Checklist to make packing easy
- Pajamas or nightgowns
- Sturdy shoes & slippers (non-skid soles)
- Shirts or blouses
- Slacks, jeans, or jogging suits
- Sweater or jacket
- Laundry bag
- Denture cup
- Shaving equipment
- Blow Dryer
- Hearing aid
- Glasses or contact lenses
- Cleaning supplies : For glasses/contact lenses/dentures
- Splints, cane or walker
- Leisure time items – books, cards, CD’s, laptop, etc.
Helpful Documentation to Bring:
- Patient Proof of Citizenship or Residency (e.g., U.S. Passport, or Birth Certificate and State Issued Photo ID). Non-Citizens must present temporary or permanent resident card with photo.
- Patient Medicare, Medicaid, Manage Care, Social Security, and Insurance cards – including prescription drug cards, if applicable
- If the Patient has a Representative for Financial Decisions, Supporting documents such as a Power of Attorney for Financial Decisions, Guardian, Surrogate, or other
- If paying privately, a check or credit card
- In the event that you have applied for State Medical Assistance (Medicaid), a copy of the application
- Bring clothing that can be machine-washed.
- Bring clothing that is easy to pull on or remove, such as pants with elastic waistbands.
- Bring items to make your stay comfortable.
- Very expensive or irreplaceable items such as jewelry or large sums of money are better left at home.
Visit: MyActiveSenior.com for more senior resources.
Type of Housing
- Nursing Home
4140 Old Washington Road, Waldorf, MD 20602